Once I thought I only had 3 obsessions. Clearly I was wrong. Welcome to my obsessive chaos.
♥ 6337 5 days ago
♥ 6694 6 days ago
♥ 473563 6 days ago
♥ 7261 6 days ago
♥ 228 1 week ago
♥ 13071 1 week ago
♥ 2689 1 week ago
♥ 4176 1 week ago
♥ 4753 1 week ago
So I was talking to my white conservative boss yesterday about racism and ableism in the media.
♥ 49326 1 week ago
- Me: Okay, Sherry, I'm white, right? I have no bias against white people due to my race. Make sense?
- Her: Yeah, okay...
- Me: Look at that news headline. Look at what they're saying about why this dude killed those people.
- Her: He was mentally ill. I don't see where you're going.
- Me: Ok, backtrack. Let's say a Muslim man kills 6 people and injures 13 in a shooting rampage, and leaves a 137 page manifesto explaining that it was because a girl turned him down when he was younger. Why do you think he did it?
- Her: He's a terrorist who hates women.
- Me: Right. Let's say a black man does the exact same thing. How does the media portray it?
- Her: He's a woman-hating gangbanger or a thug...
- Me: You're catching on. Now think back to every white boy in the past ten years that has shot up a school or a public place of some sort. What is it always blamed on?
- Her: Mental illness...
- Me: Exactly. And I would like to point out a couple final things there. First: this guy was going to therapy for years and had no diagnosis of mental illness. The closest we can get is that his family SUSPECTED he might be on the autism spectrum. Sherry, I'm autistic. My brother's autistic. I have several close friends who are autistic. None of us have ever shown a propensity for killing people. Secondly: mental illness doesn't discriminate based on race. You know what does?
- Her: ...
- Her: Damn. The media is racist as hell, isn't it?
- Me: ...there ya go.
♥ 265911 1 week ago
♥ 8643 1 week ago
1 of 502 Next →